Don’t Forget National Friendship Day!

Finsofts Design

Even though the United States Congress proclaimed the first Sunday of August as National Friendship Day in 1935, I just heard about it recently. I have been truly blessed with many wonderful friends. Besides family, there is nothing in my life that I value more than my friendships. Having a day that is dedicated to celebrating friends and friendship is a great reminder to take the time to let our friends know how much they mean to us. It is the perfect excuse to get together and have some fun with a backyard BBQ, beach party, or picnic in the park. I actually make it a point to get together with friends all the time, so this National Friendship Day I plan to create a few small personal gifts to recognize a few friends who have really made a difference in my life. Of course, my gifts will have a floral focus, but will be inspired by a unique quality of each friend or friendship. Here are some of my ideas:

Coincidentally, I just returned from my annual trip with 3 of my high school girlfriends. We graduated from high school in 1970, so needless to say these are very special, life long friends. My friend Patty loves to share her latest craft projects with us and this year she taught us all jewelry making. We all really got into it and had a ball. I would like to thank Patty for being the type of friend who loves to share her knowledge and her passion. She makes our trips and our lives that much better!

Finsofts Design

You can make a version of this jeweled vase by making several inexpensive beaded bracelets and placing them around a short beverage glass and filling the glass with a coordinating flower from your garden or local florist.

Yellow Roses Are the Official Flower of Friendship Day!

The yellow rose was chosen as the official flower for National Friendship Day, because it symbolizes joy, friendship, delight, promise of a new beginning, “remember me”, and “I care”. can also create a simple arrangement using a few yellow roses and a special container such as this “nest” dish. I have a friend who loves to garden and entertain. This sweet bouquet is perfect for her. After enjoying the fresh roses she can use the dish with a candle or for dip and each time she looks at it she’ll be reminded that she has a friend in me!

Finsofts Design

Stumble
Delicious
Twitter
Facebook

0 comments: